Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
Serves: One 4-inch cheese ball
· 8 ounces (225g) cream cheese, softened
· 1/2 cup butter, softened (add 1/4 teaspoon salt if unsalted)
· 3/4 cup powdered sugar
· 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream and butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in salt if using, powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add 1 cup chocolate chips. Scrape the mixture onto some plastic wrap and form the mixture into a ball. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. In a small shallow bowl or plate, add the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Unwrap the cheese ball and roll into the chocolate chips until completely covered. Refrigerate until ready to serve. For easier spreading, remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe: Author: Carla Cardello (www.chocolatemoosey.com)